The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
- Speed Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
- Coverage Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
Why do Businesses need WiFi 6?
WiFi 6 is optimized for higher speeds and better coverage, even in high-density areas.
Use Cases Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
What is WiFi 6? Learn more about the technology
Improvements Why is WiFi 6 better than previous standards?
Compatibility 11n- & 11ac-compatible
WiFi Challenges What problems does WiFi 6 solve?
As wireless handheld Point of Sales (POS) devices increase in number, so will the need for sufficient bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can help meet those growing demands.
From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all the new machinery and IoT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
As healthcare clinics move toward more innovative technologies for X-ray, digital charting, virtual visits, and more, they will require more bandwidth and wireless efficiency. Upgrading to WiFi 6 will help ease high-bandwidth demands and provide the efficiency that’s expected.
Libraries, city halls, police offices, and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi, they will need the bandwidth, capacity, and efficiency that WiFi 6 offers.
Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet daily stock market traders’ and demanding finance apps’ demands. WiFi 6 can keep up with these needs.
As the industry becomes increasingly reliant on video conferencing, digital research, and cloud-based applications, they will need WiFi 6 to ensure a successful connected experience while also future-proofing their WiFi for years to come.
Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth, lack of device capacity, and a less secure connection. WiFi 6 can meet growing demands for connectivity across all the technology and devices that the industry depends on.
Houses of worship need great network connectivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the worship team and improve the congregation’s experience. Reliability, simplicity, and affordability are high priorities, and WiFi 6 can check all those boxes.
There is an increase in video streaming, online classes, and other internet-based instruction. These have huge demands for bandwidth and capacity that older, legacy WiFi technologies cannot provide. Future-proofing schools and institutions with WiFi 6 will greatly improve the educational experiences of students and teachers alike.
Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling, or downloading large files can slow everyone down, cause audio and video latency while streaming, and more. WiFi 6 is optimized for more concurrent users and makes sure everyone has the best, fastest connection, no matter what they’re doing. You can even dedicate a WiFi 6 access point to working from home, for separate access to WiFi.
WiFi 6 is the latest WiFi technology. The Wi-Fi alliance renamed 802.11ax to WiFi 6 to make the technology easier to understand to the average WiFi user. WiFi 6 is reportedly 40% faster than its predecessor, WiFi 6 (802.11ac), but speed isn’t the only improvement this new WiFi generation brings.
WiFi 6 brings:
- Latency: OFDMA, 1024-QAM
- Power: Target Wake Time
- More simultaneously delivered connections
- Improved Security: WPA3
- Double the total throughput from WiFi 5
- Multi-gig networking with 2.5G connectivity
- Optimized speed even in high-density areas
- Up to 50% more coverage
- Access hard-to-reach areas
- 100% backward compatible with WiFi 5 and below
- WiFi 6 offers 4x more capacity
- Optimized for concurrent usage in high-density areas
- Improved technology with upward/download OFDMA, advanced MU-MIMO
With WiFi 6, you can get the same total coverage as AC access points, but more devices can connect to each access point.
- WiFi 6 is 100% backward compatible with WiFi 5 (802.11ac) and WiFi 4 (802.11n) devices.
- The number of WiFi 6 devices grows every day, and WiFi 6 will be the new norm moving forward.
- Upgrading from older and current WiFi technology (802.11ac and older) to WiFi 6 doesn’t require a full upgrade of WiFi equipment and devices. NETGEAR’s WiFi 6 solutions provide customers with the ideal access point solution that future-proofs WiFi with a simple plug-and-play implementation.
- Coverage and range, especially through walls and in blind spots
- Network and per-device speed, especially when adding more devices
- Need for faster and easier setup
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
- Demand for security and access control
WiFi 6 Speed Difference
NETGEAR products offer WiFi 6 on all bands, contrary to some other models on the market. Get the most out of WiFi 6 for all your devices and enjoy up to 70% more speed with NETGEAR.
up to 70% faster than 2.4GHz, and 30% on 5GHz
Adoption of WiFI 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
Best WiFi Speed
High Density IoT
WiFi 6 from NETGEAR is eliminating the bottlenecks of business communication.
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Small- to medium-sized organizations can take depend on NETGEAR for cost-effective WiFi 6 access points and devices.
Why NETGEAR for business networking
- Leading warranty, next business day replacement, and 24/7 support
- Proven WiFi technology for millions of users in homes and businesses
- Global market leader in Ethernet switching for small business, also in the specific new areas of high PoE and multi-gig switching
- More than 20 years of reliability and performance
- Enterprise-grade networking at the right price for small and medium businesses
Why WiFi 6 from NETGEAR Business
- Intelligent and high-density WiFi with adaptative configuration, load balancing, dynamic VLANs, and seamless roaming
- Get the speed you pay for with 2.5G connectivity for better streaming, conferencing, and collaboration
- Safe access and secure sub-networks (SSIDs and VLANs)
- Remote cloud management with multi-tenant and multi-location management and easy configuration
Multi-gig connectivity on WiFi 6 devices for a faster backbone
Wireless access points equipped with a 2.5G multi-gig port can automatically adapt to required speeds and provide 100M/1G and 2.5G backhaul connectivity when connected to a 2.5G-capable switch. Multi-gig allows higher bandwidth allocation from access points to connected wireless devices. (Ideal switches to power WAX610 and WAX610Y are GSM4210P and MS510TXPP).
With WiFi this advanced, you’re going to want it everywhere.
Experience increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands, and see why NETGEAR has been a leader in SMB networking for over 20 years.Contact sales